Saturday, May 21, 2011

LET IT SHINE

After many years of trials and tribulations of different treatments and medications we finally found a treatment that appears to be working and will make it possible to get off the prednisone. This new  treatment is a medication I take daily called Gleevec . It is a medication that they use for a specific type of leukemia patient typically , but they have found that it is helping people with vasculitis and other rheumatologic disorders. Finally hope and some success in moving forward with my life and living with a disease that you truly can live with and manage.

        

       In the depths of my heart I am elated , grateful , and filled with joy and hope. I have finally reached a point in my life where I can mange this illness and be a part of life . That has been one of my biggest goals , besides getting off of the steroids. I am reaching my goals . The golden trickled yellow shine of the sun has finally appeared in my life. You think I would be overjoyed and content yet there is still that uneasiness . Why is it that when things are going well there is still that questioning fear that manages to squeeze its way through and sneak up on us like a holiday or a dreaded birthday . I guess wherever there is light darkness' ominous way still manages to embraces us and our hidden fears.

    Things are good , life is good , it was cheesy but now thinking back to my days in elementary school in times of darkness and ominous suspicions we have to remember that song " This little light of mine , I'm gonna let it shine , this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine , this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine , LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE !
      
        It could be interpreted in many ways and you may look at it or interpret it in a completely different way, but it is all about not letting that darkness take away our inner light within us. So in these times of doubt wether your life may be great or looking down try and remember to let YOUR LIGHT SHINE !! that is what will truly drive the darkness and fear away

No comments:

Post a Comment