Friday, November 25, 2011

Normalcy?

The last 7 months that I have been given in my life could be more than I could of ever fathomed or hoped for from the depths of my hearts desires and imagination of the mind. I finally reached a balance and understanding with my health and when College began in August again my scholastics and social life fell into place. I was searching for the longest time I was just searching for normalcy and to be like everyone else. But it seems that I did not recollect the facts that I am not like everyone else. So to think that achieving the norm of what everyone else does would make me content and happy was a false illusion. When I began to start letting go of that longing to be like everyone else and truly accepting me for who I am and embracing the individual within me , that is when my life truly began . That is when I realized that , that so called “ Normalcy “ I was searching and longing for was nowhere to be found because everyones definition of normality changes in the view of the beholder. Normal by definition means conforming to the standard or the common type, usual or regular. Well as a human race every single one of us thinks and processes in an uncommon or different way . So Normalcy is nothing but an illusion we hold onto I believe due to fears within ourselves . We are holding onto this “Normal” facade because of personal fears but ironically when you examine the facts it is actually the facade itself that is holding us back in our fears and from becoming the person we are blessed to be and live the amazing life out there that our eyes are blinded by .
Once we let go of the “Normal” is when we can live our lives the way we want to and will make us happiest.This happiness keeps you at ease and makes those fears seem like nothing but little bleeps on the radar. Knowing with all of my heart, living by my individuality and not others facades I am happier and have a more fulfilled life than anyone could ever grant me . I still have fears and they may become overwhelming at times I do not let them take over my life and how I live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment